Continuous Professional Development Program (CPD)
Building Surveyors (BS) Continuous Professional Development Program (CPD) is to ensure the registered building surveyors of the Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM) have an equivalent level of competence in practicing building surveying scope of work, in order to provide the best service to the community and country.
CPD introduced collection points system through the involvement of building surveyors in various events or activities organized by the Building Surveying Division RISM / RISM / government or organizer who are registered / recognized by the Building Surveying Division RISM / RISM.
Building surveyors need to collect the prescribed number of points during their active period of the registration and the number of points accumulated will be used for renewal purpose in the future.
Participants for each programme/activity are required to prove their involvement by providing the relevant supporting documents.
The completed CPD form is made mandatory to all BS members and must be submitted latest by 1 MAC 2013.
For renewal purposes, the guidelines are as per below;
- Date of Implementation:
CPD Requirements for BS:
- From January 2012 all Building Surveyors shall be required to submit CPD credit hours for renewal of registration. Compliance with CPD credit hours in accordance with this Guidelines document shall be a pre-requisite for renewal of registration.
- CPD credit hours calculated in the current year of renewal shall be a rolling average of the one in the previous year.
- CPD credit hours shall be submitted in the format as per Appendix I and shall be submitted together with renewal of registration form.
- As from January 2012, to be eligible for renewal of registration, all Building Surveyors shall be required to complete a minimum of CPD hours.
- For year 2013, CPD points will be required for renewal (rolling average accumulated from year 2012 onwards)
Kindly download the files as per below: